Re: docbook-xml42, docbook-xsl, xmlto (RE: Pending package status (09 May 2003))

On 2003.05.16 18:13, Andreas wrote:
> > have different versions installed. What do you think about a
structure
> > like:
> > /usr/share/docbook/dtd/{VERSION}
> > /usr/share/docbook/xsl/{VERSION}
>
> This directory structure looks good for me with one exception, xsl
not
> versioned, so:
> /usr/share/docbook/dtd/4.2
> /usr/share/docbook/xsl
>
> If this gets some votes (and voices) I'll change the structure in
the
> next package releases.

I just had the impression that the dir structure at the moment will
end up
in a very big /usr/share in the future. But other packages will do.

/usr/bin is very big now and there is no problem :-).

Common practice is to place architecture-independent data into
/usr/share/<package> directory. My current docbook packages follows this practice.

Is
there
a recommended way to do?

FHS?

> > How would these structure fit for the catalog file? Does it imply to > > have > > one centralized catalog file that is updated each time a dtd package > > is > > (de)installed? > > Where is the problem? One centralized catalog file /etc/xml/catalog > looks good for me (as it is done now).

Hmmm, thaks for pointing this out ;) Overlooked it somehow. And this
will be
maintained if other dtd packages will be installed?

AFAICT, yes.

BTW I just checked the xmlto site and a newer version is released on May 09th.

Yes, I know. There is also new XSL package (1.61.0) available. If I get some free time I'll package it...

At the moment I try to tie a passivetex package (size is ~1.3M).

Great. I'm newbie in TeX stuff. My attempt to install passivetex and xmltex was not successful... :-(

Unfortunately I don´t have server access to provide that package for

What about using some free service, like http://www.20megsfree.com/ ?

reviewing. Would it be an option to pass it to you when it is ready?
The man
pages for xmlto says that it could widen its output capability with
passivetex...

Yes.

Thank you.

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel@telka.sk  |