Re: PCRE package for consideration

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 02:01:20PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> I've finished packaging a (first try at) the PCRE package, version 4.2,
> for your consideration.
>
> At the following locations:
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr//pcre-4.2-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr//pcre-4.2-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr//setup.hint

There's a problem in Makefile.in.  While the actual DLLs are called
cygFOO.dll, the link libraries are called libFOO.a and libFOO.dll.a,
*not* cygFOO.a and cygFOO.dll.a.  So the resulting libs have wrong names.

Could you fix this, please?

> Note that I left the "skip" field empty in the setup.hint file - mostly
> because it is empty in the example at
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html#setup.hint

Just remove the `skip:' line from setup.hint.  And the `ldesc:'
description could need some line breaks...

Otherwise it looks fine, AFAICS.

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.