Re: a2ps download site

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 David_Hudson at capgroup dot com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the feedback so far.
>
> I am not sure why version 4.13 (the latest version) does not compile on my
> machine since it compiles out of the box on everyone else's. I will take a
> look at that, but would like to contribute v4.12 in the meantime. I have
> uploaded the binary and the source at:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res1xzsj/cygwin/
>
> Let me know how it goes.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Dave,

Some feedback:
For the future, it's usually a good idea to provide direct links to files
in the message, rather than a page link...

The packaging looks good.  I have a few nits for the source package,
though:
- Since you include autoconf and configure into the build instructions,
there is no need to include auto-generated files (e.g., Makefile) into the
patch.  Please do "make distclean" before running diff.
- Why do the build instructions in the readme require cd'ing to "cygwin"
to run configure?

Also, there is a typo in the README: "require ant special installation"
                                                ^
Other than that, are you using gcc 3 or gcc 2 to compile 4.13?  Back when
it worked for me, I used gcc 2.  It's quite possible that gcc 3 is
stricter about some things...
	Igor
P.S. I haven't verified that the package executables work...  I don't
normally use a2ps heavily (if at all).
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II