cygwin-setup-dev (was: RE: Create a cygwin-setup mailing list?)

> Robert Collins wrote:
> >
> > Implementation details are very important.
>
> But setup.exe development discussions of the implementation details
> isn't giving me important data.  AFAIC, I don't even read the setup
> discussions anyway.

So... it isn't a problem for you, right?  Just a bit more wear on the "Delete"
key. ;-)  Setup discussion has been very sporadic historically.  The recent
spate of posts is AFAICT mainly due to my latest patch and a flurry of activity
on the security stuff.  This too shall pass.

>  Moving the implementation detail discussion of
> setup.exe to a different list would be a big benefit.

For who and why?  I tend to agree with Rob (for once ;-)), I don't think it'd
benefit anybody, and I'd think a list dedicated to "discussing packaging issues
regarding applications that are distributed with the Cygwin DLL" would be the
appropriate place for discussion of the development which directly results in
those "packaging issues".

But it's no hair off my %&* regardless.  I'd suggest though that "cygwin-apps"
be renamed to something more descriptive of its purpose, e.g.
"cygwin-packaging", "cygwin-app-packaging", etc.  It'd reduce the incidence of
folks wandering in here looking for help with apps.

Actually, I'd suggest "cygwin-setup-dev" instead of "cygwin-setup" for similar
reasons.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.