Re: kerberos and cvs

Charles Wilson wrote:
> No really, this IS on topic.
>
> Many moons ago, I grew so frustrated with the official cvs maintainers
> at cvshome.com -- no updates in forever, disdainful of outside
> contributions etc -- that I decided that the next release of cvs that I
> made would come from the cvsnt codebase, since that was seeing active
> development.
>
> Plus, it had support for many server protocols, and getting cvshome's
> cvs to act as a server on cygwin had limited success.  Granted, cvshome
> is now seeing (some) activity (2 patch releases in eight months! Woo
> hoo!) but that doesn't change the problem with the servers; cvsnt is
> already designed for service on windows...even tho it ALSO compiles on
> unix.  So, I'm looking at cvsnt, and...

Chuck, are you sure this is a good idea? cvsnt has recently dropped any
pretence of mainining syncronization with cvshome. Or, even, is there any
reason not to have *both* cvs and cvsnt in the Cygwin distribution?

I've been playing with cvs-1.11.5 and sanity.sh. There are no regressions
when run with ntsec on.

Do you have any intention to release a cvs-1.11.5 package? If not, would you
prefer I made one and offered it to you for review, or that I ITP'ed it on
my own?

Max.