Re: juggling patches...

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 10:49, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> I tend to agree with Max here (even though I have a broadband connection).
> I'm *really* wary of touching remote repositories.  And we could use
> mailing list archives for patch history. ;-)

mailing list archives are nowhere near as easy for me to perform partch
archaeology on.

>  Also, I'd rather be aware of
> the conflicts between patches as I'm developing them, rather than when the
> time comes to apply them to HEAD...

Sure. And you could do that via a branch that was up to date with both
patch branches.

    HEAD
    /  \
  p1    p2
    \  /
     p3

where p3 shows the merged patch, and p1 and p2 are the isolated
changesets.

>  So thanks for the offer, Rob, but I
> don't think I'll be using it anytime soon...
> 	Igor

Thats fine. I'm happy as long as I get single-change patches.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.