RE: --disabled-shared => hang?

It hung from this process:

had bad --disabled-shared", so dropped it from config and ran config
built binary -- that worked...binary came up and seemed all fine.

Then someone pointed out my misspelling, so I tried running config
again from the .obj dir (libopt++ bootstrap part had already been run).
Got to the first check of dynamic linker characteristics and hung
there.

So in trying to reproduce it I thought to wipe the .obj dir and
rerun bootstrap in libopt++, then rerun config in an empty .obj.

Problem magically went away.

Perhaps, technically, something should have cleaned up something
somewhere, but I wouldn't worry about it.  Just an oddity....

Linda