Re: pdksh package proposal (AT&T ksh93 info)

Elfyn McBratney wrote:

ksh is actually part of a UNIX portability framework that includes all

sorts of

other things, both commands and libraries.  But you don't need most of the
other stuff if you just want to package ksh.

That would be sweet. If you wouldn't mind sending me the script and mail (off-list) I'll take a look. OOC are there any licensing issues?

Please check the mailing list archives and search on the name "Karsten Fleisher".

start here, and read the whole thread...

And another thread

Then, there's this thread, which started here
and continued here
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-03/msg00304.html

Karsten was working on packaging ksh for cygwin, including those "other things" -- which would be optional packages. Anyway, the discussion went on for quite some time; good info throughout, which might be helpful.

--Chuck