Re: base-files-mketc.sh

At 11:46 AM 2/3/2003 -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>FYI, base-files-mketc.sh uses the `cygpath -u ...` syntax to get the
>directory.
Yep, I saw that.

>Thus, if your cygdrive prefix is changed *before* the
>postinstall scripts run, the script should pick up the correct one.
Currently impossible in a new install, and confusing to somebody
just starting with Cygwin.

>If you change your cygdrive prefix *after* the install, you're bound to break
>all kinds of things anyway, and you should verify that nothing on your
>system uses the old prefix.
AFAIR the only problems I had were the links in /etc
What else do you think of?

>One possible compromise would be to allow user control of the cygdrive
>prefix from setup.exe...  I'll look to see how much change that would
>require.

Sure, but what's the problem with putting the Windows path in the
symlink? That works just fine, I don't see what the trade-off is.
Basically remove the cygpath -u you alluded to in the first paragraph.

Pierre