Re: Removing concat.cc/h

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> > On 2 Feb 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
> >> Not sure, lets leave this for now.
>
> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > FYI, I've built setup without concat.h and concat.cc, and it seems to
> > be working fine.  I'm attaching a patch that removes all references to
> > concat.* files (most of the size is due to the generated Makefile.in
> > changes).  After applying the patch, you'll have to "cvs rm" concat.*,
> > sorry (I don't know how to do this with patch).
>
> You can't.

Well, turns out you kind of can...  Using "patch -E" on the receiving
end...  But it's easier to just ask the responsible party to remove the
files.

> Robert, I too have tested this. Note that concat.h was only included in 1
> file, and that file doesn't use the only function declared in concat.h.

Yes, exactly.  I was thinking of including the output of grep, but decided
against it for some reason.  Thanks for testing it, though.

> > * Makefile.in: Regenerate.
>
> One thing to note: I don't know whether Igor is still using automake 1.7.1,
> or if he trimmed the patch to only contain the relevant parts, having made
> it with Cygwin's current automake 1.7.2.

Yep, good catch:

$ cygcheck -sv | grep automake
automake            1.7.1-1
automake-devel      1.7.1-1
automake-stable     1.4p5-5

Time to upgrade?

> What is policy for setup? Should we regenerate Makefile.in (and aclocal.m4,
> and any other relevent files) with the current Cygwin release of automake,
> since we are changing it at all, or would you prefer to keep it at the
> version currently used?
>
> Max.

Oh, and to reply to your follow-up message, there is already a
bootstrap.sh script in the main setup directory which does exactly the
right thing...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune