Removing concat.cc/h

>> On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 07:37, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>>> Incidentally, there are two backslash() functions defined: one in
>>> filemanip.h, and another in concat.h.  This is the only function
>>> defined in concat.h, and it doesn't seem to be used anywhere
>>> anymore.  Is concat.h dead?  Should it be removed?  Ditto for
>>> concat.cc?

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> FYI, I've built setup without concat.h and concat.cc, and it seems to
> be working fine.  I'm attaching a patch that removes all references to
> concat.* files (most of the size is due to the generated Makefile.in
> changes).  After applying the patch, you'll have to "cvs rm" concat.*,
> sorry (I don't know how to do this with patch).

You can't.

Robert, I too have tested this. Note that concat.h was only included in 1
file, and that file doesn't use the only function declared in concat.h.

> * Makefile.in: Regenerate.

One thing to note: I don't know whether Igor is still using automake 1.7.1,
or if he trimmed the patch to only contain the relevant parts, having made
it with Cygwin's current automake 1.7.2.

What is policy for setup? Should we regenerate Makefile.in (and aclocal.m4,
and any other relevent files) with the current Cygwin release of automake,
since we are changing it at all, or would you prefer to keep it at the
version currently used?

Max.