Re: What is killing my links (.lnk)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 08:04:25PM -0500, Brian Keener wrote:
> >Does anyone have any idea why my links are disappearing or probably better
> >phrased as being broken.
>
> I don't know this is happening but this isn't the mailing list for
> exploring the problem.

Well, in reviewing my original post I see I failed to mention that what I was
actually inquiring into was whether or not the update of packages via setup on
a Win2k system could be causing these broken links.  Cygwin-apps is the place
we discuss setup correct???

Since the only thing I have done of late with my copy of cygwin is keep the
packages updated and update my sources and occasionally recompile, I have a
feeling that there might be something in setup turning of the read only flag
and not turning it back on which seems to be breaking the link.

Just a thought.  If with my clarification I am still in the wrong mailing list,
my apologies and if no one else has run into this then it must be something on
my system and again my apologies.

bk