Re: [setup] Inaccurate message: See /setup.log.full

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>> When an installation is incomplete, setup advises the user to see
>> /setup.log.full
>>
>> Possible fixes:
>> 1) drop the slash. Let the user figure out where the file is.
>> 2) Make it say /var/log/setup.log.full. I know setup logs in its cwd
>> if you exit it before going far enough, but if so, you haven't
>> installed anything so that is can be incomplete.
>> 3) Make the message show the full Windows path. Tricky, would
>> require some refactoring, or some very hackish code.

> I don't see #3 as needing hackish code...

Sorry, should have explained more. The hackishness comes in that the message
is currently determined by setting a global int variable to the resource id
of the message to show. So, we would have to either test for one specific
id, in which case we do something special (hackish), or we rework how setup
decides what to show at the end of a run (needs thought).

Max.