Re: Setup Prop: Change percent to underscore

Max,

There are more flavors of wrongness than legal/factual. These include
moral, ethical, and software-horse-sense.

Politeness is a human quality one must learn from elders, and I can't
help you there.

Since the responses here have been unhelpful I will just unsubscribe.
You are very defensive about Cygwin.  The suggestion was reasonable.

There is another way to solve the whole problem. Cygwin could put the
tarballs where I tell it, not in some deeply nested %-laden path that
changes with every download. The problem which inspired this note is
my use of file managers to maintain an up-to-date Cygwin install
directory. If Cygwin put things where I asked, instead of its own
%-limbo, I wouldn't have to move these fresh downloads by hand back up
into the release folder and manually delete outdated tarballs.

Please spare me further responses and just take the comments into
consideration. I'm off the list and have filtered you folks from my
inbox for a time.

Mark