Re: Two versions of uptime, one in procps-010801-2 and one in sh-utils-2.0-3

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 01:00:55AM -0000, Chris January wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:56:49AM +0100, Volker Zell wrote:
>The original binary (from sh-utils-2.0.15-1) failed on my machine,

There is no uptime.exe in sh-utils-2.0.15-1.

>but when I built uptime myself it used the /proc/uptime file and worked
>fine.  This would seem to be a build issue in the sh-utils package.
>Has it been built against a recent version of Cygwin lately?  I'm not
>convinced bumping the procps version number is the right solution, I
>think it would be better to rebuild sh-utils.

Are you saying that you want to eliminate uptime.exe from your
package?  The alternative is two different packages with two different
executables.  That is not acceptable.

If that's what you want then you still need to release a new version of
your package.  It seems sort of silly to have you remove uptime.exe from
your package, have me re-add it to mine, track down why it is not
working (if it isn't working -- I didn't even check it), and then have
both of us do a new release (although I'm in the process of creating a
new release to deal with Volker's problems now anyway).

I don't see much logic in putting uptime.exe back in sh-utils.