Re: [nasm packaging review] was Re: Pending packages status

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>>> Btw, please, do not update the cygwin specific part of the package
>>> version number when releasing an updated version in the process of
>>> reviewing.
>>
>> Didn't the last discussion on this agree on *DO* update the
>> Cygwin-specific release number during reviewing?
>
> Please, consult the last discussion about that.

My memory is incorrect. Sorry.

I do think that a version number should uniquely identify a version, though.
A possibility that was not considered last time this was discussed is to
start the reviewing at -0.1, going -0.2, -0.3, etc., and then bump to -1 on
release.

Feel free to ignore me if you don't want to reopen this discussion.

Max.