Re: nfsd and mountd

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 05:20:13PM -0000, Vince Hoffman wrote:
>I also tried it, and successfully mounted various exports to a few *nix boxs
>on lan.
>couldnt get in running via inetd but thats probably me, I will send the
>errors if you want though. Also my event log is filling rapidly with errors
>such as "Win32 Process Id = 0x724 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x724 : Unable to
>setgroups: Invalid argument."
>(also similar ones regarding seteguid and seteuid.)is this expected ?
>
>I ran portmap, then mountd and then nfsd from the command line with no
>arguments which worked fine. As services you need to add -F as an argument
>for portmapper and to rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd
>The commands i ended up using to install were
> cygrunsrv.exe -I "sunrpc" -p /usr/sbin/portmap -a -F
> cygrunsrv.exe -I "mountd" -p /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd --dep sunrpc -a -F
>cygrunsrv.exe -I "nfsd" -p /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd --dep sunrpc -a -F
>
> It could be an idea to write a script to do this much as with Corrina's
>ssh-host-config or serge's init-config.
>
>With that said, thanks very much for your work on this, as once again cygwin
>and its developers make my life easier :)

Yeah, this is one of the coolest things to show up in cygwin-apps in a
while.  I don't have time to play with it now but I can't wait to start
bragging about this capability.  :-)

I agree that this is one of those packages that should be as simple as
possible to install so if we can get something like Corinna's scripts that
probably is a good thing.  I guess this means that my previous enthusiastic
"Let's just ship it!" should be tempered by a "Let's make sure that it is
easy to install".  I suspect that this means we delay while we get the
usual (&(*& Windows 9x stuff worked out.