Re: Pending packages status

From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>

> spkg doesn't seem to work properly -- the patch is VERY large.
> This is because xinetd-2.3.9-1.sh sets "objdir=${srcdir}".

You have to run "clean" before "spkg". "all" target creates a correct diff
file. objdir have to be set to srcdir because of xinetd's makefile bugs.
I'm going to fix these bugs in the next release - I want to build xinetd
with a just announced RPC package.

> should have an /etc/preremove script, to do the following
> (*) rm -f /etc/xinetd.d/*
> (*) rmdir /etc/xinetd.d
> (*) rm -f /etc/xinetd.conf

I can't do that:-( Preremove script is executed on package upgrade too,
all user-created or modified settings will be lost on upgrade.

Regarding chkconfig:
> conf) Why --disable-nls? Just to avoid the dependency on libintl?

Because chkconfig build fails otherwice:-) --with-included-gettext
configure option fixes the problem, but I'd like to investigate first waht
is wrong with chkconfig's configure/Makefile.

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Somerset, NJ