Re: [patch] Help Option

Robert Collins <rbcollins@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 13:02, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>> Yes, I was actually taking advantage of the fact that the
>> destructors don't fire, because I don't think we should be logging
>> for a help invocation.
>
> Thats orthogonal. Hint to LogFile to not write anything. In fact IIRC
> that is already ready-to-go.

OK.

>> GUI help for command line options! Seems... excessive?
>
> IIRC -mwindows builds don't get a console, so can't output command
> line help.

What do you think I've been copy/pasting ? :-)

max@POMELLO [/mnt/install] $ ./setup-2.296_i.exe -h
 -D --download                          Download from internet
 -L --local-install                     Install from local directory
 -s --site                              Download site
 -R --root                              Root installation directory
 -q --quiet-mode                        Unattended setup mode
 -h --help                              Show this help
 -r --no-replaceonreboot                Disable replacing in-use files on
next
                                        reboot.
 -n --no-shortcuts                      Disable creation of desktop and
start
                                        menu shortcuts
 -N --no-startmenu                      Disable creation of start menu
shortcut
 -d --no-desktop                        Disable creation of desktop shortcut
 -D --disable-buggy-antivirus           Disable known or suspected buggy
anti
                                        virus software packages during
                                        execution.
max@POMELLO [/mnt/install] $