Re: Sorry Robert, your bugfix hasn't entirely worked.

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 12:54, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Robert Collins <rbcollins@cygwin.com> wrote:

> > Firstly, not having a
> > trust level, does not mean not in setup.ini at all.
> >
> > With merged setup.ini's, version skew can occur between the ini files,
> > and there are only three trust slots. Thus the sorted list of versions
> > to iterate through.
>
> OK. But 'no trust slot' still == 'older than prev', right?

No. Just 'not in a trust slot'.

Consider two setup.ini's. One lists:
1.4 = prev
1.6 = curr
the next lists
1.4 = prev
1.5 = curr

Whichever becomes curr of 1.5 and 1.6, the other won't be in a trust
slot, but will still be newer than prev.

> > Secondly, for colour insensitive or colour blind folk, this may be
> > more of an annoyance than anything else.
>
> I know. I don't think this can go in to setup until we have some kind of
> option persistense framework.

K. I don't know that we need to wait that long :}.

> > I'd rather mark the version
>
> This would make resizability even more pressing by taking up precious
> pixels.
> So, I think this depends on an options framework as well.

Yes. Or perhaps a customisable <p> / <prev> / <myfavouriteword>. Yep,
options are needed :].

> Unless the screen reader OCRs the text off the screen, its going to have
> trouble making sense of a custom control like the package picker.

Which is on the TODO list. The package picker can decompose itself into
a grid of controls. We are going there long term ;].

> Do you think I should put this on hold until we have an options store, or
> just add some temporary command line options to control it in the meantime?

My 2c: Command line options, defaulting to off.
Rob

--
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.