Re: Updated sysvinit package available for review/upload

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Chuck, could you please comment on how we proceed now? If something
has to be done before uploading this package, I'd like to know.

No, I managed to upload the modified cygutils package already, so sysvinit no longer conflicts with it. The only issue I know of at this point is:

the minor confusion that might be engendered by the fact that sysvinit contains section 8 manpages for programs it does not supply. (shutdown, halt, reboot, ) Plus, they probabaly are not correct with regards to the actual binaries supplied by the shutdown package.

But that's your bailiwick, Corinna, not mine.

Oh, just one other thing -- a minor stylistic issue with the /etc/postinstall script. Personally, I don't like "magic morphing scripts" that behave differently if they are in /etc/postinstall or in /usr/bin. IMO, /etc/postinstall/sysvinit.sh shouldn't copy itself to /usr/bin/init-config. Instead, the parts that are actually ACTIVE when the script is in it's "init-config personality" should simply be HERE-documented into a separate script in /usr/bin.

But that's purely my opinion; others may differ. It's definitely NOT a showstopper.

--Chuck