setup readme possibility (was about nano)

changing subject title since this is a different topic really.
(Also switch to cygwin-apps since its about setup)

Actually, I haven't installed Cygwin for the first time on a machine, in a long while. Does it popup a dialog to telling the user to modify the PATH to include C:\cygwin\bin? If such a dialog exists, it could also mention the CYGWIN variable set to "tty". Just an idea.
I havent used the development setup so I can't say for certain - and I havent looked at the setup 'todo' listy thing so its quite possible its been suggested before.

But at a guess a patch for dialog saying - read the documentation and pointing out where it can be found... might be accepted. (I wont pretend to second guess Robert's oppinions here). Setup does at least now install a set of links to the documentation in the start menu (thinking thats probably part of the documentation package but couldnt be sure).

Might be more acceptable if this was done by the post-instal script of the documentation package (assuming it only told you on first instalation). However that sort of thing would conflict with further work towards automated instalation.

Prehaps there needs to be some standard set - setup will set up some environment variable if its in an automated install - so that the scripts can know they cant ask for user interaction and are to assume defaults.

Gareth - rambles.

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp