pine-4.44-3

Hello,

  I am the maintainer of the Pine package. I've been working today in
fixing a couple of problems that exist with Pine and the cygwin terminal
that prevent both from working nicely together (e.g. setting a scroll
region with "\E[%i%d;%dr" does not work and this causes problems while
scrolling up).  Also, the Cygwin terminal scrolls automatically when the
last character is written in a cell, when Pine is using colors. Therefore
I believe it's time to update the package and fix these problems.

 This is *not* a critical update, and a new version of Pine (pine-4.50) is
on the way (can't tell when it will be released though, but it won't be
"soon"). I would like to release this version now so that it will be
possible to test these fixes and find new bugs, which will be addressed
when pine-4.50 will be released. Therefore I am making this the last
release of pine-4.44 before pine-4.50 (unless, of course, if I made a
horrible mistake while packaging and introduced a bug, but I doubt it, I
looked at the patch and it looks ok).

  Here are the relevant links

http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/cygwin/pine-4.44-3.tar.bz2
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/cygwin/pine-4.44-3-src.tar.bz2
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/cygwin/setup.hint

  Oh, I almost forgot!, the cygwin port of Pine will be official in the
next release of Pine, you will be able to build Pine out of the clean
source, without any additional patches, starting in Pine-4.50.

  Thank you for your consideration.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/