Re: Doxygen

First, updated the version, 1.2.17 ----> 1.2.18.

> From what I can see the issues from
> described in http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-09/msg00106.html
> are not fixed. I.e. the usage of -D_WIN32 along with -D__CYGWIN__. This
> issue is important - are you sure that this is the right way to build
> doxygen for Cygwin ?
>
> Also, have you tried to build against the Cygwin libpng package ?

This defines are essential.
Compiling Doxygen on cygwin requires -D_WIN32.
But some sources (file access,etc...) requires -D__CYGWIN__.
Cygwin is not WIN32 and not UNIX, so __CYGWIN__ is essential.

Examle:
Win32 version use "gswin32c.exe". (hard coded in source...)
But cygwin version use "gs" of the tetex package.

doxygen contains these library.
1,libpng
2,qt library
3, ....xml library ? I don't know !
These are customized, "doxygen version".
So, I cannot exclude.
I think Doxygen cannnot be compiled without these customized libraries.

> The setup.hint file lists bison and flex as required packages. Is this
> really so ?

If you use binaries only, not required.
Doxygen requires these when compile doxygen.
No need?

> I noticed that you've changed the makefiles, isn't it better to change the
> Makefile.in files instead ? You have made the following changes to the
> makefiles:

..........I found "original doxygen source distrubution" include garbage files.
So, "diff -Nrup" patch is very big. This is not my mistake.
updated.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5153/cygwin-package/doxygen-1.2.18-1-package.tgz
CHANGES:
   garbage files excluded.
   setup.hint

sdesc: "Doxygen is a documentation system for C++, C, Java, IDL (Corba, Microsoft, and KDE-DCOP flavors) and to some extent PHP. "
ldesc: "Doxygen is a documentation system for C++, C, Java, IDL (Corba, Microsoft, and KDE-DCOP flavors) and to some extent PHP. "
category: Devel
requires: cygwin

500 kb lesser because of excluding garbage files.
The patch include doxygen_logo.eps.
cygwin version include it optimized by eps2eps.
tetex cannot deal with original one.

Ryu sun594@hotmail.com