Re: Package review status

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Ryunosuke Satoh wrote:

> doxygen
> http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5153/cygwin-package/doxygen-1.2.17-1-package.tgz

The binary package looks OK. I'm not a doxygen user and I don't know how
to test it :) So I've just run the executables to see that they are
working.

However I noticed something - the binary is built using the included
libpng. Cygwin has libpng as a package in the net distribution. Isn't it
better to link against that ?

You're passing D_WIN32 together with D__CYGWIN__ when building. This is
kind of strange. I suppose D_WIN32 will trigger usage of native Windows
constructs rather than Posix ones. Btw you don't need to pass D__CYGWIN__
because the compiler already defines this symbol for you.. Well, unless it
isn't undefined somewhere in the source. Please, comment on this.

The source package contains some unnecessary files, IMO. Do you think
that these really need to be in the source package ?

This is ~700kb in size - I assume that the build produces it. If it is so
- please, remove it. It also adds to the size of the patch another 700 kb
so we end up with ~1400kb of unneeded weight.

doc/doxygen_manual.pdf

This two look like some kind of temp files.

lib/st003604
lib/st003896

There is a vim temp file in the root of the source dir:

.Makefile.in.swp