Re: And one more package, astyle Re: New Package: doxygen-1.2.17

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 07:18:16PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Insanely busy at the moment.

  This is a general problem I assume.  I'm doing the same as you,
  working just voluntarily on Cygwin.  It's not a revenue generating
  project.

> > least *some* reviewing of a package.
>
> I think that the two steps are very distinct. Obviously more review is
> good, but requiring review is not good IMO.

  *some*.  If you're interested in a package, you're probably also
  interested in that this package happens to fit well into the distro
  and that it doesn't destroy your installation or some such, isn't it?

> > 	procps	(reviewed, 2 votes, John and me)
>
> I think this is an excellent thing to include. Yes.

So that's no. 3.  However, a questin is still if we really want to
include it right now.  AFAI understood it, the /proc implementation
is (just slightly) buggy in that it contains a wrong uid in
/proc/PID/status.  As a result, procps prints the wrong user name
as owner of the process.  This raises two questions:

- Is a patch to /proc in sight?
- Shouldn't we wait until that patch is in and the next Cygwin version
  has been released?

Chris (J)?

> > 	ELFIO	(reviewed, 2 votes, Joshua and Nicholas)
>
> Looks neat. Yes.

Ok.  Uploaded.

> > 	doxygen (reviewed, 0 votes)
>
> This is quite a popular documentation system. I don't use it myself, but
> I know folk who do. Also, libxml and libxslt are documented via it, and
> they are in the distro. Yes.
>
> > 	astyle	(NOT reviewed, 1 vote, Gareth)
>
> I'm still looking for a good C++ prettier. I'll try to check this out in
> the next week or so.

Ok, so the state is now:

    procps  (reviewed, 3 votes, John, Robert and me, discussion needed)
    doxygen (reviewed, 1 vote, Robert)
    astyle  (NOT reviewed, 1 vote, Gareth)

Red Hat, Inc.