Re: GNU emacs 21.2-3 packages available

Robert Collins wrote:

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 23:22, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

It does, I think Robert's having a wee bit of memory loss. He better look into some parity memory :-D.

An upgrade is != to an uninstall and install. Setup treats upgrades as
atomic actions per package.

Then why is it that when I upgrade, it always says it is removing all the files from each previous packages? It does this for each package I've got checked to upgrade. Only after it finishes that, does it install the upgraded packages. Either the dialogue lies or something isn't right with my installer.

Cheers,
Nicholas