Re: GNU emacs 21.2-1

From: "Joseph H. Buehler" <jhpb@cox.net>
To: cygwin-announce@cygwin.com
Subject: GNU emacs 21.2-1
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:37:00 -0400

Cygwin packages have just been uploaded for GNU emacs 21.2. Both X11 and
non-X modes work. Shell buffers work, as does compile mode and dired mode.

There are some problems with telnet and ange-ftp and gnus -- they don't work
with the version of cygwin1.dll I am using, anyway. I don't know what
the problem is yet, it appears to be some problem with select().

Undumping is also not implemented yet, but I'll work on it.

Joe Buehler

FWIW, I ran into a problem with select() in a package I ported to Cygwin/XFree86 called x2x. I eventually ironed it out. The whole discussion is in the cygwin-xfree ML archive for July, 2002:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-07/

Search on "x2x".