Re: teTeX suite 20020530-2 available for testing

Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> writes:

Hi Corinna,

> from your comments I'm unsure if you want this package to get uploaded
> for public or not since you're already preparing an improved package...

Sure, I understand.  I was hoping to either get a bit more comments on
these packages (or the migration scheme), before asking for an upload.

The plan was, if problems would have been smallish, to uploade these
-2 marked 'test'.  If people would have noticed showstoppers already,
I'd integrate fixes into -3, publish and ask to upload that.

In the meantime, this -2 package has been downloaded as part of the
(to be removed rsn) LilyPond mirror install at lilypond.org some 25
times, so it probably works.

Anyway, at this time it's probably best to postpone this to after my
vacation, I'll be leaving tomorrow for 1.5 weeks.

Then, I can do the tetex-x11 split that Nicholas proposed, prepare the
-3 release, and ask for a test upload.

We could do the -2 upload now, so that -3 may even better, but I won't
be around to respond to problems; which might be not very
constructive.

Greetings,
Jan.

--