Re: mknetrel: build cross tools

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

Sorry to get back to you on this...

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-07/msg00288.html

Yes, of course you're right.  You may have noticed I feel the same way
about this as you do:

   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-07/msg00281.html

> I'm tired of talking about this.  I will ignore further attempts to add
> this capability to mknetrel.  I can't BELIEVE that I have to make this
> point one more time.

HOWEVER:

   * .DEBs or .RPMs are not available yet, so
   * You maintain a script to do this,
   * I maintain a script to do this (which now uses mknetrel, btw),
   * People will keep asking questions on this (FreeBSD?)

So, until we have .debs or .rpms available, I'd say it wouldn't hurt
to document it, including a nice script.  Do you really find this
patch to mknetrel that gross?

I would really have thought, this patch would help more people, than
that it would be a burden.

Greetings,
Jan -- bit disappointed, but seeking to see The Light

Btw: Not to annoy you Chris, but as long as you feel you're doing the
     right thing rejecting this, and it doesn't take me too much time,
     I'll maintain this patch to help others, at

        http://lilypond.org/~jan/cygwin/mknetrel

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter