Re: [Setup 2.259.2.4]: Issue when previous package is deleted [wasRe: please upload - expat-1.95.4 bugfix release]

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 02:53:27PM -0400, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 10:09:11PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

expat-1.95.3 was buggy and is no longer available at sourceforge,
so please do delete the Cygwin release too.

Deleted.

Corinna has inadvertantly discovered a bug in setup 2.259.2.4. I had expat-1.95.3 installed on my machine and desired to upgrade to the new release. I decided that, since it was uploaded so recently, I should verify the contents on my mirror of choice. I just checked the setup.ini file on mirrors.rcn.net. It contained an entry for the new expat-1.95.4 with the proper directory path. I examined the files at the path specified, and they turned out to be the correct version and md5 sums. I have attached a png of the dialogue for your reference regarding the upcoming explination. Ok, I fire up setup.exe, point it to rcn.net, and click "View" once so that it displays all the packages. I then scroll down to expat, only to find it saying "Keep". I click "Keep" thinking I might get the new version, but instead it cycles to "Uninstall". I click again, it cycles back to "Keep". So apparently setup.exe doesn't like it when the previous package is deleted from the mirrors. Also, the same behaviour can be seen with the _PostInstallLast package. The machine involved is running WindowsME. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Packages get deleted all of the time.

I had no problem installing either expat or _PostInstallLast just seconds
ago.

What version of setup were you using? My report involves the snapshot, not the release version.

Cheers,
Nicholas