Re: libtoolize and glib-1.2.10 [Was: [ITP] libungif-4.1.0-1]

Lapo Luchini wrote:

BTW, you can also relibtoolize glib (and probably gtk) in a similar way.

Uhm.. I had no problem relibtoolizing libungif, but I indeed have problems with glib:
ltconf part of confgiure says:

checking if package supports dlls... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no

Probably I still miss some point in libtoolize usage (btw: is it normal that executing it just after an "aclocal" it stilla says to regenerate an updated .m4 using aclocal?)...

Yes, that is normal.

do you have any hint to get things going?

Check configure.in: if it says "AC_PREREQ(2.13) or older, then it gets tricky -- usually it is easier to change that to AC_PREREQ(2.52), and then make the appropriate changes so that configure.in becomes compatible with the newer autoconr.

Nicholas says that it is easier to (a) change AC_PREREQ to 2.52, and then run 'autoupdate'; I tend to do it all by hand.

By updating to the newer autocof, you also trigger using the new libtool which more cleanly support DLLs on windows.

--Chuck