Re: new release of Pine

*** Charles Wilson (cwilson@ece.gatech.edu) wrote today:

:) A few important points:
:)    1) Yes, Eduardo Chappa IS the official cygwin maintainer of pine --
:) At least, he was the guy who announce pine on cygwin-announce:
:)    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2002-04/msg00008.html
:)
:)
:)    2) /usr/doc/Cygwin/pine*.README doesn't say that Eduardo is the
:) maintainer.
:)
:)    3) it should.

Thanks Charles for your comments. I decided not to write my name in the
readme file for personal reasons, it was a concious decision, and I see no
reason to add it. Several packages do not have it included in their
readme files, so I hope that you are not just being picky with my package
or me.

I read e-mail in both the cygwin and cygwin-apps lists and am aware of any
requests, bug reports, people have sent, so I see no reason why people
need to know who is in charge of maintaining it, when sending e-mail to
the list works just fine.

This is certainly not a policy listed in the page that describes how to
make a package for cygwin, so I would like, as others have been in the
past, be excused to add that line, and would appreciate if others did not
add it for me.

Would it be possible that someone uploaded this new version?, if not, just
let me know. People will be using the first version, and that's fine with
me too.

Just in case, packages can be downloaded from

http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/cygwin/

Thanks,

--
Eduardo