Re: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again

Robert Collins wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "David A. Cobb" <superbiskit@cox.net>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 8:11 AM
Subject: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again

I see in SETUP.EXE vsn 2.249.2.5 that setup is back to proposing to
over-write "test" versions with the "older" current revision. IIRC, we
all agreed once upon a time that this ain't right.

Specifically: GCC 3.1.1-2 proposed replacement is 2.95.3-5
Guile 1.5.6-2 .... 1.4-2
Lilypond 1.5.65-1 .... 1.4.14jcn4-1

Gcc 3.1.1-2 is marked as test. We agreed that setup would never try to
uninstall a version, but we didn't agree on management of the test versions.

Rob

I'll sift thru the pile, but I believe we agreed that setup would never recommend rolling a version-number backward. All of these do that.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.