Re: upset request

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: upset request

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 12:40:31PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> >The following patch should move the requires: line out to be
> >per-version, but it doesn't address the upset internal representation
> >to allow true per-version requires.
>
> So...  then...  why offer the patch?  It doesn't actually offer the
> functionality that you're asking for.
>
> You're the one who wants it, so I don't know who you expect will benefit
> from a work in progress.

It means that the current setup.hint's will generate complete syntax for all
versions of setup.exe. The next patch I submit will allow the
fullfunctionality.

I'm going to see if I can get setup.exe to 'notice' when the default version
of a package has a requires: list and the test or prev versions don't, but
at the moment that doesn't happen. This upset patch circumvents that issue
completely.

Rob