Re: ITP: Guile 1.5.6

Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@netscape.net> writes:

> I'm sure that Chuck meant to say 'external-source: guile'

Sure.

> Now, as for building from source, the script included in the source
> package is not a valid Cygwin script.  It seems to be a
> cross-compilation script.

Yes, it is.  To avoid confusion, I'll rename those to
cross-guile-1.5.6-1.sh, for reference, and try my best at:

> Would it be possible to adapt the generic
> build script from the package building page?

You're actually *developing* on Windows?  Amazing.  Anyway, it should
all be rather staightforwardly

   untar
   patch
   ./configure
   make all install

apart from the sub-package splitting, which already is a shell script.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter