Re: rebase / STL set patch

Rob,

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 10:46:25PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Where are we at with the rebase stuff BTW?

I actually have made some progress recently to two fronts.  I have begun
to migrate my setup-rebase code to use STL.  So, far I have converted
free_list to use set instead of my homegrown stuff.  The code compiles
but I had to leave it (again) before testing.  Once I test it, the
used_list conversion should go quicker.  After the conversion to STL, I
will begin to implement the items derived from your feedback.

I have also updated my completely stand-alone rebase (*) to copy the
image file before attempting to rebase and to skip it if corruption is
detected.  I hope to release this version RSN.  Ultimately, I will
migrate this functionality into setup.exe's rebase functionality.

Jason

(*) This rebase version is very similar to MS's and does *not* persist
rebase runs to be used by future ones.  This version should not be
confused with the one that I use to test setup.exe's rebase
functionality and possibly will become a Cygwin package to augment
this functionality.