RE: please update libXML

Gerrit P. Haase writes:

>Robert schrieb:
>>
>> Gerrit, could you please give me a patch for the current libxml &|
>> libxslt source packages to get the python modules going? I'd love to get
>> that working, and would get it incorporated upstream.
>
>With the fix of Nicholas now, the latest version (of my patch), at least
>libxml links against libpython.  But there really should be a patch in
>Makefile.am for this since the configure script succeeds to lookup the
>python lib and add the needed defines in the right place but does not add
>libpythonx.x to the link line.  This patch now works only with the
>libpython2.2 installed and it should be version independant too.  Still
>I'm not sure about libxslt, does it link against libpython too?

Here are some Python 'one-liners' that can be incorporated into
the configure process or a Makefile to get the local Python Installation
variables in a 'python version'  independent way for Cygwin

Norman

< note these were entered interactively at a bash prompt
   so '>' signifies a line continuation below >

$PY_LIB_NAME
% python -c "import sys;
> print 'libpython'+sys.version[:3]"

$PY_INCLUDE_PATH
% python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_inc;
> print get_python_inc(plat_specific=1)"

$PY_LIB_PATH
% python -c "import os;
> from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib;
> print
os.path.join(get_python_lib(plat_specific=1,standard_lib=1),'config')"