Re: Making cygwin1.dll, unrelocateable.

Chris,

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 09:59:28PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I think we agreed a while ago that it would be a good idea to make the
> cygwin DLL always occupy the same space in memory.  I know that this
> would be a good thing for cases where c++ method pointers are stored in
> shared memory.

The above will remove the special case in setup.exe's rebase
functionality to skip rebasing the Cygwin DLL.  Although, can we change
the ImageBase from 0x61000000 to 0x60000000 to avoid having to rebase
around it?

> Did we ever find a way of stripping the relocatable bits using GNU
> tools?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to the above.

> Or can Jason's rebase utility do this, maybe?

No, my rebase tool can't.  But, it can "convert" from MS Windows PE to
MS-DOS executable format... :,)

Jason