Re: package offering: gnupg

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 06:33:54PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

Hmm.  I'm not sure how Rob expects me to react to this, but this is
pretty annoying.

I'd suggest ignoring Rob's suggestion and relying on the _install_info
package.  It was specifically designed to eliminate the requirement for
everyone and their brother to reinvent the wheel with their own
postinstall scripts that rebuild the info directory.

The "hack" (thank you very much) is doing what computers are supposed to
do.  It's eliminating the burden of your having to do something and,
more importantly, it's eliminating the possibility that you would do
something wrong.  You don't have to worry about figuring out how to
run install-info.  You don't have to worry about screwing up the 'dir'
entry if you got it wrong.  It's done for you automatically.

(And, yes, I'm just *waiting* for the obvious response to this
paragraph)