Re: setup releases

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:36:33PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>The last couple of setup.exe uploads you've done have been faulty in
>one way or another - linked against cygwin1.dll, not stripped.

I've already explained why I linked against cygwin.  IMO, your configury
is badly BADLY broken, at least for cross builds.  It is probably broken
for native builds, too.

The not stripping was obviously an oversight.

When I was making setup releases, I had my own procedures for uploading
things.  Your moving of the repository broke that for me, however.  That's
ok.  I didn't anticipate that I'd be making releases again.

It is my preference not to make setup releases.  I'm not going to sit around
and watch people complaining about problems for days without trying to help,
however.