Re: xfree packages

Harold Hunt wrote:

> That sounds fine.
>
> Can I also request that you use a seperate variable for the server version
> number?  I'd ask that because the server will tend to get updated often
> while most of the other packages will never be updated.
>
> I'm really looking forward to these packages getting finished.
>
> Do you think you've got a handle on creating the symlinks that Xinstall.sh
> creates?

Did you notice any symlinks that were missing? The build.sh script is
supposed to create and package the links that Xinstall.sh makes. I don't
think Xinstall.sh behaviour is quite right for the xkb files.

I posted the xfree86-xwin package and modified xfree86-base to my web
site. I have appended the new setup.hint files.

  - Ian

--
iburrell@znark.com
http://www.znark.com/

xfree86-base:

sdesc: "Cygwin/XFree86 base"
category: XFree86
requires: cygwin ash xfree86-fonts xfree86-xwin
ldesc: "Cygwin/XFree86 is a port of the X Window System to Cygwin.

This package contains the programs, libraries, and config files needed
to run an X server and clients. It also include the X clients from the
standard X distribution like xterm and twm. You will need to install
the xfree86-xwin package with the Windows X server. The xfree86-fonts
package is also required. The other packages contain headers,
programs, and documentation for development."

xfree86-xwin:

sdesc: "Cygwin/XFree86 Windows X server"
category: XFree86
requires: cygwin xfree86-base
ldesc: "XWin is the X server for Windows. It can run in two different
modes, full screen or inside Windows window. It has four different
engines to drawing, Shadow GDI, Shadow DirectDraw, and Native GDI."