From: James Nord <teilo@cdt.luth.se>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
CC: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>
Subject: Re: [bug?] binary mount point option in setup
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 23:28:34 +0200

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:

>At 04:19 PM 4/8/2002, James Nord wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I apear to have found a bug in cygwins setup program 2.125.2.10

>>When installing as administrator on XP if you select install for everyone
>>and set the default file format to be unix then the /cygdrive mount point
>>will be binary mode when running as the administrator user.
>>
>>mounts are stored in HLKM, however /cygdrive mounts and defaults are stored
>>in HKCU
>>(see below.)
>>
>>So when a user (not administrator) comes to use the cygwin tools /cygdrive
>>is mounted text not binary.
>>
>>Why does cygwin store the /cygdrive default in HKCU and not HKLM when
>>installing as multiuser?
>>why not store the info in HKLM along with the other mount options?
>>

>Patches cheerfully accepted!

Hmm well...

>From what I gather the setup calls function set_cygdrive_flags in mount.cc
in my case issytem = true

however
Line 202
     status = get_cygdrive_flags (key, &cygdrive_flags);
won't that *always* fail unless the key already exists?  We are
installing clean so it will never exist?

Anyway, diff attached - don't know if it is correct or if it works,
usual disclaimers apply ;-)

>>Also I couldn't find a way to change the options without running setup or
>>regedit again.
>>full drives can be changed with the mount command but /cygdrive only?
>>
>mount -b -s -c /cygdrive

Ahh...

but hand on... what do the flags actually do?
the flag in HKCU is 22 (binary nounmount)? but when I ran that command
it set the flags in HKLM to 2a

difference being?

/James

203c203
< 	  if (status != ERROR_SUCCESS)
---
> 	  if (status == ERROR_SUCCESS)
205,210c205,207
< 				cygdrive_flags = default_cygdrive (key);
< 			}
< 		set_cygdrive_flags (key, istext, cygdrive_flags);
< 		found_system = 1;
< 	}
<
---
> 	      set_cygdrive_flags (key, istext, cygdrive_flags);
> 	      found_system = 1;
> 	    }
212c209
< 		}