RE: info: single install xfree86 + minimal cygwin?

I'm not clear not the hierarchy there - that reads like a list to me.
You've got two clauses you can independently use to make a hierarchy and
package dependencies - category:(i.e. the devel tarball belongs in
XFree86 and in Devel) and requires: (i.e. the server package requires
the fonts and the programs and ...)

> There are a couple of refinements that can be made to the
> repackaging.
> First, the 75dpi fonts make up the bulk (10MB) of the fonts
> package and
> aren't strictly required. They could be made their own package. The
> miscellaneous fonts could be folded into the base package so there is
> only one required package.
>
> Second, move the man3 man pages into the devel package. Also,
> move the
> .a files in /usr/X11R6/lib into devel. That reduces the base
> package by
> a couple MB.

Those refinements can be made at any point - there's no need to have it
perfect on first release. Setup.exe is quite capable of handling files
moving from one package to another now.

Rob