Re: SGML/XML packages available for testing

Hi,

Stanislav Sinyagin writes:
 > Hi Markus,
 >
 > I am using these distributions in my propriatory software:

If you *really* mean proprietary, any interference of Cygwin packages
with your proprietary packages would be yours to solve, I reckon.

 > Please let us know in which directories you put these files.
 > There's no "standard" path for them, so let's define it clearly.

There is some sort of a standard path for these if we try to stick
with the FHS. FHS suggests to put SGML and XML-related files into
/usr/share/sgml. We decided to put SGML-related files into
/usr/share/sgml and XML-related files into /usr/share/xml. The latter
is in part justified by James Clark's recent comment that XML has
sufficient dynamics of its own that it should no longer worry about
SGML compatibility. SGML and XML stuff are likely to go separate ways,
which is reflected in the directory layout. Catalogs are kept in
/etc/sgml.

regards,
Markus

--