Re: Should setup suggests to downgrade? [WAS: Lillypond for cygwin]

Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]
Even then, it isn't spontaneously suggesting going backwards: the user
selected to uninstall something and this "suggestion" is simply the
inverse or adding dependencies to install.

On the same general topic: IMHO it would be much friendlier to default
to *install* packages that are new, rather than skipping them.  If
feasible, clearly mark them as "new."

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.