Re: prev/curr/test

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 08:27:04PM -0500, Brian Keener wrote:
>
>You don't.  You find some other method for reverting to software that
>is <1 revision old.  This is not a hardship.  AFAIK, setup has never
>allowed you to do more than prev/curr/test.

A thought: mandate that every package tarball contain a standard-named
install script - similar in concept to the Micro$quash setup.inf.  Then
simply keeping the old tarball would supply the user the mechanism to
drop back to that version.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.