Re: pager in default install

--- Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>

> > 1. Can the "less" package be put into base? It really does seem essential.
> >
> > 2. I'd be happy to maintain a cygwin "more" after I can get a package
> together.
>

> Did you see the 'more' source code I posted the other day -- it came
> from the util-linux distribution (http://freshmeat.net/releases/72929/)
>
> --Chuck

Yes, I already had the util-linux source on my HD from looking at the
source to kill. The problem is that it doesn't ./configure properly since I
(obviously) don't have linux/foo includes. I'm thinking of taking just the
essentials for branching a Cygwin-only 'more' package. Actually, I'd like to
start out with that and then generalize it into a 'GNU more' with long-opts,
--version, etc. I'll see about contacting someone at GNU.org about it. I can
GPL formerly BSD'd code, right?