Re: Setup ready #2

Hello Robert,

Well, let me report another issue... The new setup.exe (codename
setup-200202) seems to break /etc/setup/package_name.lst.gz files
by adding an extra null terminator character after the newline
character.

For more info see attached files. The one with the extension .NEW is
produced from setup-20020315.exe just some minutes ago.

I wild guess is that this is caused by the new String class.

This "bug" breaks the uninstall functionality. Packed is removed from
installed.db but package contents are not removed at all.

void
packagemeta::uninstall ()
{
  if (installed)
    {
      /* this will need to be pushed down to the version, or even the source level
       * to allow differences between formats to be seamlessly managed
       * but for now: here is ok
       */
      hash dirs;
      String line = installed->getfirstfile ();

      try_run_script ("/etc/preremove/", name);
      while (line.size())
        {

I think we got here for the first time only and then when the zero char is
read we are f****d :(

I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass :(