Re: Setup

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Keener" <bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: Setup

> Robert Collins wrote:
> > And a complete fix is in CVS now.
> >

> I just tried setup from cvs and rebuilt and I still get the null file
on the
> last file I try to install from my local directory.  Actually it was a
> reinstall of zlib and it failed with the null error and then when I
went back
> into setup it showed it as a new install and when I selected to
install it - I
> still got the Null error.  I then went and did an install from the
internet and
> zlib showed as needing to be installed and then installed just fine.
>
> It might be something with my version since I did a full cvs update
but I
> didnot get the patch for test to default to keep if already installed.
That
> appears to have been applied to the branch and so I applied it to mine
> manually.  So maybe something else got skipped as well.

What TAG did you build from? setup200202 works fine for me, and doesn't
uninstall installed packages when test is selected. Like Chris I feel
the solution is wrong, but I can't articulate (yet) how the model is
wrong, and so I've followed the (apparent) consensus.

If you're looking at HEAD, bugfixes are going in there as well, but the
test mode behaviour is cosmetic IMO, as opposed to the silent failure
from local directories!

Rob